As you embark, or continue on, your journey towards living out your dreams, it is important to have a set of what I call spiritual laws that will support you through the process. These laws are what will sustain you emotionally and spiritually through the ups and downs of it all. If you don’t consider yourself a spiritual person, that’s OK. The ideas will be helpful anyway. Call them what you will. That part doesn’t matter. Embracing and practicing them does.
I will introduce them briefly here and then expand on them in later issues. They are not listed in any particular order. They are all intricately interwoven. Begin to get familiar with them so you can call on them as you need them.
- Patience – Patience involves giving your dreams the time that they need to blossom and grow. Dreams take time to evolve and it’s important to have respect for that part of the process. (The Spiritual Laws of Patience and Trust)
- Trust – Trust in this context is about having trust that the universe will take care of you and provide for you, that you are being watched out for by something bigger than yourself. It’s also about believing that you will be OK. (The Spiritual Laws of Patience and Trust)
- Allowing – Allowing is about staying open to other possibilities that might come along that support your vision. They may look different from the picture you’ve been holding for yourself, but let them in!
- Letting go of attachment to outcome – Related to allowing, if you hold on to your vision of what the end result is supposed to look like, then you are “attached to the outcome.” From this place, you limit yourself. (Letting Go)
- Letting go of control – One of my hardest ongoing lessons, this is about not having to hold on so tightly or work so hard to make things happen. Needing to be in control is a fear based response and speaks to not trusting! (Letting Go)
- Intention – Once you get clear on what it is you want, it is important to set a clear intention to yourself, to the world, and to the universe about what that is so you can allow it to come to you.
- Manifesting – This is a process of creating and sending the energy out for what you want so that it does in fact come back to you.
These are all ongoing lessons. Know that they are all truly important in supporting you as you continue on your journey towards living out your dreams.